If you are experiencing this OneDrive has not been setup error, then know that you are not the only one. This error is peculiar to those using the Next Generation Sync Client to sign into OneDrive for Business While there is not yet a particular solution to this problem, there is a work around that you can use to fix this error.
But note that, even though that this OneDrive has not been setup error is preventing you from using the OneDrive for Business service with your Next Generation app, you can still be able to access the service using the OneDrive for Business website as an alternative method.
There is the work around to fix the OneDrive has not been setup error you are experiencing with the Next Generation Sync Client.
- Press Windows + R key in your keyboard so as to open the Windows Run app.
- Then type in or copy and paste
into the Open field of the Run app and click on the OK button.
- Wait for some minutes (probably 10 to 15 minutes). If it still did not work, then try/run this one instead
Also, this OneDrive has not been setup is know to have different root causes, so if the work around outline above did not work for you, then share the following information with the OneDrive support team via the OneDrive Forum.
- Does the issue occur to other accounts and computers of you colleagues?
- What is your computer system (that is OS version) and which OneDrive sync client are you using?
- Please share with us the detailed steps you performed before the error message occurred.
- And also a screenshot of the error message found in the Registry Editor.
To get the message do the following:
- press Windows + R key in your keyboard to open the Run app window
- Then enter regedit to open registry editor.
- Go to hkey_current_user> software> microsoft> onedrive> accounts. Then click business1
Or you can also follow the instructions in your Service Health Dashboard, but if there is no SHD post about this issue, then share your tenant information via Private Message (PM) with the OneDrive Support team.