Fix Xbox One That Won’t Connect To Live in Windows 11
You can play both offline and online games on Xbox One easily. You can connect your Xbox to live and play online games. Many users have reported that their Xbox one does not go live. It can be frustrating having an Xbox One that won’t connect to live.
If you are also facing this problem due to which you cannot play games on Xbox, then worry not; this article will help you out with the process. Recently we have discussed how To Fix Xbox Game Bar Not Working Error, and In this article, we will be discussing how you can fix your Xbox One that won’t connect to live.
What Is Preventing Your Xbox One From Connecting To Live?
Well, there can be several reasons as to why your Xbox One won’t connect live. Given below are some possible causes of this error.
- The issue with the server can most probably cause this error. If you are getting this error, then it may be because the Xbox Live server is down or is facing some issue that is preventing users of Xbox One from connecting to live.
- If you face any issue with the Xbox One that won’t connect to live, then it may be because the network at your place is poor. Poor network connectivity can cause a problem with Xbox One and may prevent it from connecting to live.
- Bug in the console or some software glitch is another reason for this error to occur. You might often encounter some random bug in the console or some software glitch that can cause this error. Such issues can get solved by updating the software.
- Faulty hardware can also cause this issue. If you are facing this issue, it may be because of the motherboard’s network card failure or malfunctioning.
Ways to Troubleshoot Xbox One That Won’t Connect To Live 2021
Troubleshooting an Xbox One that won’t connect to live isn’t a difficult task to do. If you have an Xbox One that won’t connect to live, you can follow the steps given below to fix the issue.
Check The Server Status Of The Xbox Live
You may not be able to connect to Xbox Live when the Xbox Live service is down. If you are facing this issue, you should check the status of the server of Xbox Live. You can check the status of the server from the Xbox Live Status Page.
If there is some problem with the server, you will have to wait for some time to get the server fixed, and only then will you be able to play the game. If the server is up and there is no problem, then you will have to troubleshoot the problem at your end.
Check With The Network Connectivity
The next thing that you can do is check the network connectivity. If you are connected to Wi-Fi or probably using a wired connection, you need to check the speed of the internet. If you have slow internet, you will probably face a problem connecting your Xbox One to Live.
Ensure the speed of the internet is optimum. If there is some problem with the internet, then you can try restarting your router to check if it works or not. Also, check whether all the cables connecting your console to the router are plugged in properly or not. However, if you still face the same error, you should contact your ISP to troubleshoot the problem with your internet.
However, if your internet is working fine, then there is some problem with your console, which will be troubleshooting in the next step.
Try Restarting Your Console
If you have checked the server status and your network and have no issues with both of them, you can try restarting your console.
To restart your Xbox One console, follow the steps given below-
- Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for a few seconds till the light behind it turns off, and your console will shut down.
- Once your console has been turned off, unplug the power cord. Wait for 2 minutes, and then plug in the cable again.
- Power on your console, and check if it fixes the issue or not.
If the issue persists, then move to the next step.
Reset Your Console
If you have tried all the above steps and ensured that there is no internet connectivity problem or problem with the server, then there is some problem from within the console. To fix this issue, you will then have to reset the console. To reset the console, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the settings menu of your console.
- Now in the settings, go to the System section.
- In the system, head to the console info.
- You will see a reset console option. Select it, and then select Reset and remove everything to reset the console completely.
If any of the above methods didn’t solve the can’t connect to Xbox live but the internet is working error, that you were facing, then you should try reaching out to the customer support of Xbox to troubleshoot the problem. We hope you find the article helpful in solving the issue that you were facing.
This post was written by Anurag Jain and was first posted to itechhacks.com