How to fix “Don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account” error in Windows?
Issue: How to fix “Don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account” error in Windows?
Hello. I receive the error on my Windows 10 device. It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. I was trying to install the game from the Microsoft Store and now I cannot even update the operating system. Can you help me solve this, so I can use the machine normally again?
“Don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account” error in Windows is the issue that gets frequently reported online by many users because it is frustrating, and there are not many answers why this error occurs. The installation cannot happen, and other processes fail with the pop-up appearing. It is a serious problem because all the programs and devices are linked to the Microsft Store and Microsoft accounts.
It might be the issue with your Windows 10 operating system and requirement for an update since upgrades themselves can cause issues, and when the machine is not up to date, problems quickly arise. The issue, in most cases, is related to Xbox when users try to install the game, but the device is not registered while trying to achieve that purchase.
This error mainly occurs due to interrupted connection or missed communication between the device and your Microsoft account. The “Don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account” error in Windows can be fixed by resetting the Microsoft store or deleting the store database, but that may not be helpful for everyone.
Your OS update can have a major play in this issue, or you may not be logged in with the correct account, so the problem is repeating itself. Bugs and glitches randomly can cause the problem with the installation. The same goes for some issues with leftover malware or corrupted files. The affected database of the store can lead to such issues.
This is why we include some methods based on particular reasons and possibilities. You should check if there are not many devices registered because there is a limit. Also, before you fix the “Don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account” error in Windows manually with the solutions below, you can try to run ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 and check for corrupted or affected data in system folders, so any additional issues get fixed for you.
1. Verify your Microsft account
- Go to Settings by pressing Windows Key + I.
- Click on the Accounts.
- Then on the left of the Account window, choose Email & app accounts.
- Check if the account information is correct.
2. Reset the Microsoft Store
- Hit Windows + I key for opening the Settings app
- Now click on the Apps section.
- Click on the search box and type Microsoft store.
- Double-click on the Advanced options.
- Now find and click on the Reset option.
- You will see a confirmation button, click on Reset and close it.
- Wait and once the process is completed, reboot the PC to check if the error is resolved.
3. Update the Windows OS
- Open the Settings App.
- Click on the Update & Security option, then choose Check for Updates.
- Once that is done, install the available updates.
4. Remove the Microsoft Store database files
- Go to C drive open it.
- Click on Windows.
- Click on SoftwareDistribution.
- Then click on DataStore.
- Next, click on DataStore.edb and delete DataStore.edb
- Once the .edb file is deleted.
- Reboot your computer.
- Start Microsoft Store again and check if the error is fixed.
5. Re-register the Microsoft Store app
- Hit Windows key + R altogether to open the Run dialog box.
- Now in the Run box.
- Then type cmd.
- Make sure to open the admin Command Prompt.
- Type the following command:
powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRootWinStoreAppxManifest.XML
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don’t want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.
This post was written by UGetFix.com and was first posted to ugetfix.com