How To Turn On Google Docs Dark Mode in 2021
Google Docs is one of the most popular document editors by Google. Google Docs is free-to-use software that is also platform-independent. You can use this software on your phone (Android or iPhone), iPads, Android Tablet, Windows PC, macOS, or Linux. With that being said, the software by default comes in a light theme. Many people do not prefer using Google Docs in light theme and they may want to switch to night mode. If you want to use Google Docs dark mode, then this article will help you with that.
Turn On Google Docs Dark Mode
In this article, we will be discussing how you can enable Google Docs dark mode.
Enabling Google Docs Dark Mode
You can easily enable Google Docs night mode if you are using it on Google Browser. If you are using Google Docs on a browser with the option to enable night mode, then you will be able to enable night mode on Google Docs.
If you are using the app on Android devices or iOS devices then also you can enable night mode on it. We have discussed how you can enable Google Docs dark mode in Google Chrome as well as the app version.
Enable Dark Mode On Google Docs On The App
If you are using the Google Docs app then we have discussed how you can do so in this part of the article. If you are using the app on an Android phone/tablet or iPhone or iPad, then follow the steps given below to enable night mode on Google Docs.
- Open the Google Docs app on your device.
- In the app, click on the menu icon. The menu icon will generally be the hamburger icon or three eclipses.
- Click on the Settings option in the menu.
- In the settings, there will be a theme option. Click on this option.
- Now select the dark option. This will enable night mode on the Google Docs app.
Enable Dark Mode On Google Docs On The Google Chrome
If you are using Google Docs on Chrome browser on your PC (Windows, Mac, or Linux), then follow the steps given below to enable night Mode.
- Open Google Chrome on your device.
- In the address bar, type Chrome://flags and hit Enter.
- Now in the search box, search Force Dark Mode and search for it.
- Click on the drop-down menu next to Force Dark Mode for Web Contents and then select the Enabled option.
- You will be asked to restart your browser. Restart your browser.
After doing so, your browser will start in night mode, and when you head to Google Docs, the night mode will be enabled on it.
That’s how you can enable night mode on Google docs. Following the steps mentioned in this article, you will be able to use Google Docs night mode on any of your devices.
This post was written by Anurag Jain and was first posted to itechhacks.com